OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build Now Available For The OnePlus 3
Yeah, "it's about time" that the OnePlus 3 should get it's quota of community builds from the Android community. That's what has happened and OxygenOS 3.5 is now available for the "2016 flagship killer".
Here is the changelog from the last build:
- Several UI improvements
- New and improved OnePlus apps, including clock, weather and file manager
- Improved camera software
- More robust settings and and customization features
The UI improvements that impressed us were the presence of 3 new themes as shown below:
We were disappointed by the lack of the deepblack option though.
- Android Pay is not currently supported
- Only English is currently supported in several OnePlus apps
- Some performance issues
- Some UI issues when using custom themes
- System UI tuner is unstable (do not use); using the system UI tuner could cause serious issues that can only be resolved via factory reset
- You will need to re-register your fingerprints if you have fingerprint authentication enabled
Below you can check out some grabs we took from the build:
Download Links & Flashing Instructions
Without wasting any time, head over here to download the ROM.
Till the time the download completes, you can read the instructions we have compiled for you:
For Stock Non Rooted Users With Stock Recovery
1. Download the full zip from the link given above and place it inside the Android folder under Platform Tools on your PC
2. Now turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode. Press and hold volume down key and the power button to boot into recovery mode.
3. From the recovery mode, choose install from ADB sideload.
4. Under the ADB sideload menu, select "Install from USB/ADB Sideload" and connect your phone to the PC.
5. On your PC, open a command window. Press Shift and simultaneously right click and open command window in the Android folder.
6. In the command window execute the following code:
This command is to check if the device is recognised and ADB drivers are correctly installed.
Once the device code is displayed, run the sideload command:
ADB Sideload (then the name of the zip).zip
adb sideload OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_011_all_1607052050_0e5983ace5314161.zip
7. Wait until the sideload is complete.
8. After the flashing is successful, go back to the main menu and reboot the phone. The first boot may take some time, so stay calm and wait for it to boot.
For rooted users with TWRP installed:
1. Download the full zip from the link given above to your phone internal memory.
2. Download SuperSU.
3. Reboot To TWRP.
4. Take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is the most important step. It is always good to be on the safer side of things.
5. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache. Then use the swip bar at the bottom to complete the process.
6. To install the ROM, head over to the main menu, then to the install Menu. Select the flahsable zip you had downloaded. Swipe to complete the flash.
7. Flash SuperSU to maintain root access. If you use a custom kernel and Xposed, then dirty flash them over the ROM.
8. Reboot the system The first boot may take some time, so stay calm and wait for it to boot up.
Feedback & Bug Reporting
You can help OnePlus to improve the OxygenOS and get a stable public build out as soon as possible by giving your feedback and reporting bugs.
Credits: Jeff Alamo
Source: OnePlus Forums
OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build Now Available For The OnePlus 3 Reviewed by Krittin Kalra on 8/25/2016 01:54:00 pm
Subscribe To Us
Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!