OnePlus 3T Is Getting It's First Update & It's Not Nougat
OnePlus had launched the OnePlus 3T as a minor upgrade to the OnePlus 3 last month. OnePlus 3T is now getting it's first update in the form of OxygenOS 3.5.4.
In case you were expecting Nougat here, well, we are sorry to disappoint you since the update of OxygenOS 3.5.4 is based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. But don't worry, you wouldn't have to wait long for Nougat because OnePlus had promised that it will be rolling out the stable Nougat update to both the OnePlus 3 and 3T by the end of this month. We are already halfway into December, thus the promised update should be just round the corner, maybe it's wrapped as a Christmas or New Year present.
The 24MB update brings in the following changes:
- Optimizations for US-TMO Network
- Optimizations to Reduce Lag when Battery is below 5%
- Optimized Bluetooth Connectivity for Mazda Cars
- Optimized Battery Saving Mode: GPS and Orientation Preferences will be restored when Battery Saving Mode is closed.
- Fixed Flashlight Usability Issue in WhatsApp
- Increased System Stability
- Implemented Various Bug Fixes
In case you don't wish to wait for the update to reach you and plan to flash the update manually, we have got you covered up here as well. You can download the update file from here. Follow the instructions listed below to flash the update:
1. Download the OTA file from the above link or by clicking here. Once you have downloaded the OTA .zip file, place it in the root folder using a file browser.
2. Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & select the OTA file you had downloaded in the first step.
3. Once selected, the system will show you an 'upgrade now' prompt up.
4. Tap on 'upgrade now'. Your device will then automatically reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA by itself. It will then reboot the device all by itself too.
The first reboot after installing the update might take some time, please be patient during this process.
Source: OnePlus forums
OnePlus 3T Is Getting It's First Update & It's Not Nougat Reviewed by Krittin Kalra on 12/16/2016 03:46:00 pm
Subscribe To Us
Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!