OnePlus Has Started Rolling Out OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) For The OnePlus 3/3T
OnePlus might have put the Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 3/3T on hold, but the company has started rolling out OxygenOS 4.0.3 for the flasgship duo. This incremental update addresses some of the previously known bugs and at the same time adds some bloatware in the form of Amazon Prime.
Here is the complete list of what all has changed from OxygenOS 4.0.2:
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
Disappointingly, the security patch level hasn't been upgraded from OxygenOS 4.0.2 and is still at December 1, 2016. Prior to this update rollout, Google has had released security patches for both January and February. Apart from that, users have also reported that they are facing issues with GPS. Touch latency is another problem which has been widely noted.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop
Depending upon your location and the version of OxygenOS your OnePlus device is running on, the update size may vary from 92MB to 1448MB. If you are a OnePlus 3T user and are interested in installing the update manually, then you can sideload this update using ADB. The incremental OTA ZIP file (92MB) can be grabbed from here and the full ROM ZIP can be downloaded from here.
If you aren't familiar with using ADB to sideload updates, then we recommend you to wait for the OTA to reach you. Once the OTA is available for your device, you will be made aware about it through an OTA notification. At the same time, you can also avail the services of applications such as OperaVPN and change your location to either Canada or Hong Kong to receive the OTA notification instantly.
Source: OnePlus forums - (1) | (2)
OnePlus Has Started Rolling Out OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) For The OnePlus 3/3T Reviewed by Krittin Kalra on 2/09/2017 09:30:00 pm
Subscribe To Us
Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!