February Security Patch Is Now Rolling Out To Nexus & Pixel Devices, Factory & OTA Images Available
We are a week into the month of love, February. While some of us might be searching eagerly for our soul mates, or some of us might have found them, Google has it's own way of showcasing it's love for it's users. It does so once every month through security patches and bug fixes. Well, Google wishes to protect all it's customers from all the harmful vulnerabilities and security issues, and monthly security patches are the way through which Google intends to shield us all. If we lower the 'love' bar a bit, Google's monthly updates in the form of security patches can be seen as a minimal expression of love and care.
Several Nexus 6P users had earlier today reported of receiving the February security patch. It was thus only a matter of time that Google would post the factory and the OTA images.
The factory and OTA images have gone live now. The new build numbers can be noted as follows:
- Google Pixel XL (Android 7.1.1) : NOF26V, NOF26W (Rogers)
- Google Pixel (Android 7.1.1) : NOF26V, NOF26W (Rogers)
- Pixel C (Android 7.1.1) : N4F26O
- Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.1) : N4F26O, NUF26K (Verizon)
- Nexus 5X (Android 7.1.1) : N4F26O
- Nexus 6 (Android 7.1.1 & Android 7.0) : N6F26R (7.1.1), NBD91Y (7.0.0), NBD91Z (ATT, 7.0)
- Nexus 9 Wi-Fi (Android 7.1.1): N4F26Q
- Nexus 9 LTE (Android 7.1.1) : N4F26Q
Apart from the Nexus 6, which has received two 7.0.0 builds of NBD91Y and NBD91Z along with a 7.1.1 build, all the other Nexus and the Pixel devices have received 7.1.1 builds only.
The Android Security Bulletin has also been updated with the various bugs which have been fixed with the February patch. This month's security patch is divided into two levels as follows
- 2017-02-01: Partial security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-02-01 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.
- 2017-02-05: Complete security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-02-01 and 2017-02-05 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.
All the Nexus and the Pixel devices will receive the February 5 security patch. Google has noted that none of the users have been affected by the vulnerabilities addressed in this month's patch.
February Security Patch Is Now Rolling Out To Nexus & Pixel Devices, Factory & OTA Images Available Reviewed by Krittin Kalra on 2/07/2017 12:18:00 am
Subscribe To Us
Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!