OnePlus Releases Nougat 7.1.1 Based OxygenOS Open Beta Builds For OnePlus 3 & 3T
After keeping the beta builds of OxygenOS on hold for a month, OnePlus is back with community builds of it's customised Android variant of OxygenOS. It is worth noting here that Nougat 7.1.1 based builds of HydrogenOS had been made available for the OnePlus 3/3T a couple of days back. It was only about time that OnePlus followed suit with OxygenOS.
The changes introduced over the last beta build are as follows.
If you are on a previous beta build of OxygenOS, you shall be receiving an OTA notification shortly. Users who are eager to get their hands dirty with this build of OxygenOS can either flash the update manually (instructions for which are summarised below) or can avail the services of VPN clients like OperaVPN. If you wish to use OperaVPN, you can change your location to either Canada, Hong Kong or Germany to get the update notification instantly.
OnePlus has also noted that British users might face problems with Android Pay. In order to resolve this issue, you need to update the Android Pay application via the Play Store. Some compatibility issues with third party apps might be there too.
Download Links & Flashing Instructions
If you are a OnePlus 3 user, then you can grab the Open Beta 12 build from here. If you are a OnePlus 3T user, you can grab the Open Beta 3 build from here.
Till the time the download completes, you can read the instructions we have compiled for you:
For Stock Non Rooted Users With Stock Recovery
1. Download the full zip from the link given above and place it inside the Android folder under Platform Tools on your PC
2. Now turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode. Press and hold volume down key and the power button to boot into recovery mode.
3. From the recovery mode, choose install from ADB sideload.
4. Under the ADB sideload menu, select "Install from USB/ADB Sideload" and connect your phone to the PC.
5. On your PC, open a command window. Press Shift and simultaneously right click and open command window in the Android folder.
6. In the command window execute the following code:
This command is to check if the device is recognised and ADB drivers are correctly installed.
Once the device code is displayed, run the sideload command:
ADB Sideload (then the name of the zip).zip
adb sideload OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_011_all_1607052050_0e5983ace5314161.zip
7. Wait until the sideload is complete.
8. After the flashing is successful, go back to the main menu and reboot the phone. The first boot may take some time, so stay calm and wait for it to boot.
For rooted users with TWRP installed:
1. Download the full zip from the link given above to your phone internal memory.
2. Download SuperSU.
3. Reboot To TWRP.
4. Take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is the most important step. It is always good to be on the safer side of things.
5. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache. Then use the swip bar at the bottom to complete the process.
6. To install the ROM, head over to the main menu, then to the install Menu. Select the flahsable zip you had downloaded. Swipe to complete the flash.
7. Flash SuperSU to maintain root access. If you use a custom kernel and Xposed, then dirty flash them over the ROM.
8. Reboot the system. The first boot may take some time, so stay calm and wait for it to boot up.
Feedback & Bug Reporting
OnePlus Releases Nougat 7.1.1 Based OxygenOS Open Beta Builds For OnePlus 3 & 3T Reviewed by Krittin Kalra on 3/01/2017 03:29:00 pm
Subscribe To Us
Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!