Asus ZenFone 3 family to arrive in June with mid-range specs

Earlier it was reported that Asus will unveil the ZenFone 3 family on May 30 at the company's pre-Computex Zenvolution event, however that's not the case. Asus CEO Jerry Chen told Digitimes that the ZenFone 3 family will be unveiled in June.

Shen also revealed a few details about the ZenFone 3 series. He said that over 90 percent of the ZenFone 3 phones will be powered by Qualcomm SoC, while the remaining 10 percent will have MediaTek SoC. Notably, Asus used Intel's chipset in its first gen ZenFone smartphones, but for the second gen it used Qualcomm, MediaTek and Intel SoCs.

Shen said that the ZenFone 3 smartphones will target the mid-range segment, but the average selling price (ASP) will higher as compared to previous ZenFones.  Much like the first and second gen ZenFone's, the ZenFone 3 will also come in multiple variants. He mentioned three ZenFone models, the ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Max and ZenFone 3 Deluxe. The company expects that the ZenFone 3 Max will account for two-third of total ZenFone 3 sale. The base model and ZenFone 3 Deluxe will make up for the remaining sales.

Even though the ZenFone 3 will be unveiled in June, the company will initially begin shipping the product to six countries in August. He also said that Asus will compete with Huawei and Oppo in the Chinese Market. The report adds that Asus saw 40 percent smartphone revenue increase in Q1 2016, due to strong sales in Southeast Asia, Brazil, Russia and Europe. 


Kaiser Bey
Kaiser is a tech enthusiast who likes to write, read and talk about tech. He dreams of going to Mars and never come back. We hope that you find his posts on AndroGuider helpful and informative
Asus ZenFone 3 family to arrive in June with mid-range specs Asus ZenFone 3 family to arrive in June with mid-range specs Reviewed by Kaiser on 5/13/2016 10:49:00 PM
Subscribe To Us

Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!

Powered by Blogger.