Android Nougat now present on 9.5 percent devices


Google has released its updated Android distribution data for the month of May. The figures were collected during a 7-day period ending June and gathered from devices running Android 2.2 and above visiting the Play Store.

The timing of the latest number from Google comes soon after Apple's WWDC press conference, where Tim Cook took the annual shot at Android's OS version fragmentation for poor numbers. Cook showed a chart that showed iOS 10 was running on 86 percent of active iOS device, while Nougat was at 7.1 percent.

However, according to the latest data, Nougat is now present on nearly 10 percent of active Android devices. Nougat version 7.0 is running on 8.9 percent on devices, while version 7.1 is present on 0.6 percent of devices, making the total number 9.5 percent, up 2.4 percent when compared to last month's 7.1.

Android Marshmallow held steady at 31.2 percent, same as last month, whereas Lollipop dropped 1.2 percent from 32 percent to 30.8 percent. It is still running on majority of devices.

The outdated Android versions, Kitkat (v4.4) takes 18.1 percent of the pie, down 0.7 percent compared to last month (18.8); Android Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3) has a combined share of 8.8 percent, down 0.3 percent than last month (9.1); while Ice Cream Sandwhich (4.0.3-4.0.4) and Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.37) stood at 0.8 percent each.

Via

Ajedux Bey
Ajedux is a tech enthusiast who likes to write, read and talk about tech. He dreams of going to Mars and never come back. We hope that you find his posts on AndroGuider helpful and informative
Android Nougat now present on 9.5 percent devices Android Nougat now present on 9.5 percent devices Reviewed by Ajedux Bey on 6/06/2017 02:56:00 PM
Subscribe To Us

Get All The Latest Updates Delivered Straight To Your Inbox For Free!






Powered by Blogger.